Quick Red Chicken Curry
This is a super-fast, super-easy red chicken curry recipe. Great for any dieter on Step 3 or above.
- Put the curry paste, ginger and 1 tablespoon of coconut milk on a large frying pan set over a medium heat.
- When the mixture is really hot, add the chicken and red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk with the fish sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the green beans. Simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are just tender. Add the baby spinach leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes until they wilt and turn bright green.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Divide the rice between 2 serving plates and spoon the curry over the top. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Ready to start your weight-loss journey with unique one-to-one support? Find a Consultant.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Step: 3 and above
1tbsp Thai red curry paste
1tsp grated fresh root ginger
150ml reduced-fat coconut milk
250g skinned chicken fillets, cut into small chunks
1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
100g fine green beans, trimmed
100g baby spinach leaves
60g brown rice (dry weight)
2tbsp chopped coriander
Lime wedges to serve