- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sizzle the onion and green pepper for 5 minutes until softened.
- Get the spices flowing by stirring in the chilli powder, cook for 1 minute. Next add the passata and kidney beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes, it should be smelling good right about now! Stir in the chicken and heat through gently. Season to taste with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pile some of the mixture on to each tortilla and then get rolling. Once rolled up, place them side by side (seam-side down) in a rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over and around the tortillas. Get cheesy and sprinkle the grated cheddar over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (if you can wait this long!), until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley or chives, with a crisp green salad. Yum!
- You can use black beans instead of red kidney beans
- If you use a red or yellow pepper, you will add approximately 10kcals.
- Instead of chilli powder, why not try some Mexican spice seasoning?
Suitable for Steps 3, 4 and 5. For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Steps: 3, 4 and 5
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
1–2 tsp chilli powder
1 x 200g can red kidney beans, drained
150g cooked chicken, skinned and cubed
4 x 22g soft corn tortillas
30g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Chopped parsley or chives for sprinkling
Green salad to serve